Thursday 8 March 2018

Peaces ~ Pieces

We managed to put it back together.
It is whole again.
Functioning.
We pieced together all the broken pieces.
And it’s beating again.
The blood is flowing in and out,
It’s bright red like it was before.
 Mended.


Would you believe it if I still didn’t believe that you were gone?
I showed up that day, the day we sent you off.
I wanted to see if you were really gone.
I waited to see if it was you.
I stood at a distance and watched as they lowered your box.
Gone.
I keep asking myself where you went?
I stay expectant for you to text,
Like you always did.
I don’t believe that you are gone.
Gone.


“How much?” he asked.
How much?
How much would I be willing to compromise?
What things would I be willing to set aside, to live without?
How much?
“Not much?” I responded.
There wasn’t much I wanted to do without.
I wanted it all.
Compromise.


Isn’t it amazing how a person can feel like home.
A steady calm coming to life in their presence.
Home.
Home.


I thought the end would be well signposted.
I thought we’d be able to see it as we approached.
I didn’t expect the vast nothingness I feel now.
There is an overwhelming calm all around.
I think this is what I prayed for all those years ago.
Freedom.
Over. 

xoxo 
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

All the above are pieces that are centred around peace, for me. I find it difficult to explain some of the things that I write and unfortunately there is just too much here to explain. My hope however, is that you managed to salvage something from all the pieces. :) 

Keep Shining! 

2 comments:

  1. always deep with meaning, applicable to our situations as if you are talking about me/us. keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhoda,

    Thank you so much for your kind words and for reading :) On most days it it because of you that I keep writing.

    Thank you.

    Keep Shining!

    ReplyDelete