Monday 18 February 2013

I Am My Greatest Asset

The world can rid me of everything I own,
Everything I have built,
Everything I know and
Everything I have ever invested in...
BUT it cannot take away Who I Am!!

Today I choose to:
Find my identity
Invest in myself
Take care of myself
And most importantly LOVE myself.

Today I make a choice to create and shape a better Chido.
Because ultimately, I am the only person I'm guaranteed to spend the rest of my life with.
This is the importance of Me.

Script By
Chido Dziva Chikwari



I wrote this piece sometime ago, I think just over a year now. And I'm not sure what exactly the inspiration was but I do know that at that time I had just gotten out of a five year relationship that left me rather scarred. I made a lot of mistakes in that relationship and afterwards when he had been 'taken' away from me I realized that I was important. Me alone was actually worth something and that being single was really an opportunity to do me and make my world better for myself. I guess I had a Miss Independent Moment. Hmmmmmm ya....There will definitely be more to come from that phase. ;)

Much Love!!! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. You are a star Chido, you have lots of potential to be unleashed and the sky is not even a limit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback and encouragement Alfred. Remember that you too are your greatest asset! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational i must say :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete