Monday 25 February 2013

Why are you here?


I was having a bit of a tough morning today and I guess I just had a lot on my mind. One of them being that I was rather cross/ disappointed with someone and I started asking myself what purpose do they serve in my life….in an attempt to completely banish them from my life or have a serious confrontation. Then all of a sudden the question was bounced back at me and was phrased kinda like this,

“If you had to justify your existence how would you do it? What purpose are you serving by being alive?”


To be honest I was quite startled and pondered about it for quite some time. I really couldn't think of a solid strong reason of some active change/ difference I am making.  I mean there are the obvious things like 'my family and my friends need me' or 'they will miss me' but that applies to just about everyone. What’s my case? What’s unique about me?

I thought maybe if I was a parent, a mother or a father, being there for my children would be a pretty solid case but I’m not. I’m a 21 year old student living off my parents, depending on the so called friends and family that I would potentially use as my get out of death ticket.

So why am I here?? Why should I be here??

Why are you here? Can you present a good-solid case to have you remain here?

To Be continued……….

Script by
Chido Dziva Chikwari

No comments:

Post a Comment