Thursday 21 March 2013

Judge a Book by its Cover!





I believe (and correct me if I am wrong)...
......the cover of a book is a pretty good judgement of the book
Why?
 
The TITLE of a book and the ABSTRACT at the back that tells you what the book is about is found on the cover... True??
If you like/don't like what you see or read on the outside which is basically the best effort of depicting whats on the inside what makes you think it will be any better/different on the inside?
And well if you are really adamant about judging the outside being 'wrong' or unfair then at least make an initial evaluation of the book by analyzing the cover.
Obviously this isn't just about books but it applies to just about everything in life. How something looks is essentially part of what it is. How I dress my hair divulges what I like. If my attire is constituted of prim and proper everything...i'm probably like that.
As with any other theory there are flaws, however, what I'm saying is if you wont judge a book by its cover, why not?
A cover can tell you a whole lot and if nothing else at least make a preliminary assessment of the book based on its cover.

 
XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari

No comments:

Post a Comment