Wednesday 17 July 2013

GlobalGiving: Zimbabwe Trip Update




Zimbabwe Awaits!! J 




As the countdown to my trip draws nearer the excitement seems to be building up in an exponential manner. I often find myself day dreaming about my visits to the different projects, the people I am going to meet and interact with as well as the tonnes of photography and paperwork that I will have to compile.


My projects list has been finalized with the addition of two more wonderful charities and I have begun communication with Dennis Gaboury from ZimKids, who unfortunately will not be in Zimbabwe during the duration of my trip but has already put me in touch with his amazing team. I begin communication with the other project partners this week and the provisional dates and list of the six charities I will be visiting are:

1)            ZimKids Orphan Trust: 19-24 August
2)            ZOE- Zimbabwe Orphans Through Extended Hands: 26-30 August
3)            Island Hospice Zimbabwe- 2-6 Septmeber
4)            Lead Us Today: 16-20 September
5)            The Tekeshe Foundation: 26-29 September
6)            Kidzcan: 30-4 October

I will be posting a short biography on each of the above in the next few days so be sure to keep a look out! It will be great to get a feel of them all prior to the visit blog posts. Remember you can also get directly involved in supporting them via www.globalgiving.co.uk.

For anyone who is interested in supporting my trip financially please follow this link to my fundraiser: https://www.globalgiving.co.uk/fundraisers/7849. The little or plenty you can give will be greatly appreciated and will contribute to making this trip an even greater success.

Don’t miss out on being a part of something bigger than yourself. J

XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari


P.S Many thanks once again to GlobalGivingUK for awarding me this phenomenal opportunity. I know your hand in supporting charities in Zimbabwe is making a big difference to many individuals in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment