Friday 3 January 2014

A CITY ON A HILL

Living for an audience
Performing to a crowd
Sent forth to do your work
God you told me I was the light.

Your hands and your feet on this earth I stand,
I serve your kingdom!
Shining forth your Glory.
A display of your kindness,
Your mercy, Your LOVE.

God you told me go Forth.
“How else will they know unless someone Preach?
You told me go forth
To shine for Your Kingdom,
To Love,
To Preach. 

Living for an Audience
Performing to a crowd
God you told me I was the LIGHT!
A City on a Hill


Biblical Reference
“You are the LIGHT of the World.
A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Neither do people light up a lamp and put it under a bowl.
Instead,
They put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone in the house.
Let your LIGHT shine before men,
That they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven” Mathew 5 vs14-16

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in one of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? ”Romans 10:14

Background jargon

Chido Dziva ChikwariThis piece was inspired by a thought I had a few days ago pertaining to my self-image and how I would like the world to view me (NEW YEAR NEW ME blah blah blah). I was hoping they would see this cool, classy but really chilled girl and from that moment of pondering on how to better emulate the brand I wanted Chido to be, lol, I started thinking about the scripture mentioned above and to me it sort of encapsulated what my self-image should really be about. I am meant to be a LIGHT right and my mandate is really to shine for God and to do good deeds so that God be glorified through me. And it sort of dawned upon me even deeper that as a Christian who I am and how I am isn’t simply for me but in actual fact the Bible tells us to be salt and light TO THE WORLD. The bible tells us that we are Gods representatives on earth and that there is no other way that people will know about him unless we preach the word to them; our lives (how we live) must be a testimony.
I am a city on a Hill. How I live my life and what I do with it matters because I’m on a stage serving God. I should be more purposeful about being a light, speaking the word of God, showing kindness and Love for the advancement of Gods Kingdom.

Right! Now being on a stage all the time and performing is no easy feat. That definitely can’t be easy but I think once you have it in mind that OK I’m a city on a Hill, I’m being watched and I’m representing the King of Kings here it sort of gets better. Imagine being a proxy for the Queen of England, or the Pope, or your President. One way or another you will step up your game and the truth of the matter is right now you are a proxy for the one who created the heavens and the earth, He chose you to be his hands and feet and the amazing thing is that The verse says that YOU ARE A LIGHT, there is nothing more you need to do because you already are the light…all you have to do is LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!!  J That’s pretty awesome to me!!

I’m not a fan of posting other people stuff on my blog but yes a pretty cool reference point here would be that really inspiring speech by Marianne Williamson – Our Deepest Fear. You can find it here à http://skdesigns.com/internet/articles/quotes/williamson/our_deepest_fear/  

*LeT  YOUr Light Shine!*
XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari

P.S I’d like to make a special mention of someone very important who has been reading my blog diligently. J I’ve always written for myself coz I enjoy it and feel like I’ve accomplished something after I’m done but you have reminded me that although I write for me I’m also writing to an audience and that’s  not only relevant with this post but it’s also just really really encouraging for me. My wish has always been that my writing speak to someone and well you have been that confirmation. I like your voice notes, you like my blogs soooo this one is for you!! J You know who you are, Thank you for reading and for pushing me to write more! Much Love!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment