Thursday 30 January 2014

Honor Her

"Musha mukadzi.
Mukadzi kushinga!
Anoriritira mhuri yake.
Anomira kusvika zvaita,
Achishuvira vana vake.
Anoshamisa muromo wake nouchenjeri.
Anotambanudzira murombo ruoko rwake.
Chimupai zvakafanira zvaakabata namaoko ake! 
Mabasa ake ngaamurumbidze pamasuwo eguta."

Bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh
She shall be called WOMAN!
The intricacies of her nature no-one can understand,
For nine months she carries promise in her womb.
Color is what encompasses her.
From his rib she was formed, 
A suitable mate.
Beneath her husband SHE STANDS,
A pillar.
She brings him good, not harm.
She is worth far more than rubies.
She watches over the affairs of her household.
Carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders,
She is the Mother of nations.
Generations stand on her shoulders
Multitudes speak of Her Love,
Her Beauty, Her Glory, 
Her Strength,
Her children arise and call her blessed.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

xoxo
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

This piece was inspired by a co-worker of mine who from the bottom of her heart said to me today, "Kuva Mukadzi Kushinga, Musha Mukadzi." The look on her face told me she was saying this from the depth of her heart and from the stories we hear and things we see so often in society it really is true kuti mukadzi musha and we may like to sugar coat it sometimes but the load that a woman/mother bears is unlike no other. Her words and passion really sparked something in me and for the entire day I kept thinking about what she said. Coupled by a scripture a friend of mine has also been reiterating day in and day out (Proverbs 31), I was compelled to write. 

I nearly lost my mother in 2010. She had a sever stroke and ever since that encounter if there is one thing I thank God so much for it's sparing my mothers life. The opportunity to see her each day is a gift that cannot be repayed. Her role in making me who I am today is insurmountable and while I cannot imagine life without her a very close friend of mine lost her mother earlier on this year. The pain of that loss is something I felt as well and pray daily for God's hand and comfort to my friend and her family. Kurasikirwa naAmai chinhu chakaoma kutambira and I love how proverbs 31 ends, "Honor her for all that her hands have done!" 

Keep Shining!! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment