Tuesday 23 April 2013

Life is NOW


Instead of yearning for tomorrow STOP and embrace Today, 


Sometimes in life we get so caught up on the things we aspire to do and achieve, the level of success we want to attain and the goals we have set and want to meet. We spend so much time chasing after these things, these desires and higher levels to the extent that we never really get to stop and appreciate where we are at. We never allow ourselves to stop and admire the beauty of NOW.

Take a look at life like this.

You know how people always say life is a journey (to where exactly I'm not entirely sure)?  But anyway...imagine you are standing at point A and want to get to point B. Point B is the destination, right? So imagine you set out on your journey to B all the while entirely fixed on getting there. Because that's where you want to be the notion would be to get there as quickly as possible so some of us would fixate and run. Run towards B. But here is the thing if life is journey life is what goes on in-between A and B. By running you  cruise by life....you miss out on all the scenery and landmarks that constitute life.

What I'm saying is that even though setting goals and aspiring for higher levels is important we need to realize that life is today. Life is now. Life is something that's going on NOW. The reality of things is that life is something that could effectively end now too. So Enjoy it!!

Work towards stuff but take a chill pill and stop and appreciate where you at. Take a look at the beauty and scenery around you. Believe it or not you have probably come so far as it is...take a break, soak it in, pat yourself on the back. :)

Life is now. Enjoy it.

Ecclesiastes 8:15 
So I recommend the enjoyment of life, for there is nothing better on earth for a person to do except to eat, drink, and enjoy life. So joy will accompany him in his toil during the days of his life which God gives him on earth.




XOXO

Chido Dziva Chikwari

This piece was inspired by the fact that I'm my final year of University and I was just thinking about what my plans for the future are, doing my masters, getting a job, getting married, having kids BUT in all this I asked myself WHERE DOES THIS END.
I mean I started thinking back to when I was in high school and working towards getting good grades for my O'levels was the be all and end all. It mattered if I was going to get to A level.  I worked soo hard, exams came, I passed but then the very next week it was like on to the next thing, getting good grades  at A level so that I can get into University. So I worked, exams came, I passed and I moved onto University. While I've been here its been like you need to study hard so that you can get into a good University to study your Masters and I know when it comes to my Masters i'll be focusing on getting those flying colors so that I can get a good job.
I'm not discrediting the ethos of working hard, believe you me that's a standard I live by BUT in fixating and pushing for the higher level-the next best thing I never really took time out to chill and be like, "By the way well done Chido. You did it." This may just be my mistake and all but ya in reflecting on this I'm working on changing my ways and hoping to inspire someone to do the same too.

Someone once said life is what goes on when you are busy making plans. He/She was right.

God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Nice write up,and i do think about this sometimes too lol..Like Live NOW,cos the hustle never seems to end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I hope you are enjoying the now. Stay smiling :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Chido, that's something I'm ALWAYS trying to tell my friends, like, WHERE are you running to? P.S, Point B is (physical) death, and whatever I'm living right now is as important if not more than where I'm going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wadzie! All you have said is soo true. I hope you are enjoying the now! Stay smiling :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying the Now! Stay smiling :)

      Delete