Thursday 13 June 2013

Let them Walk

If somebody wants to walk out of your life,
Let them walk.
In fact; Hold the door open.
You are beautiful,
You are intelligent,
You are good enough,
Weaknesses and all,
You are a woman worth fighting for.
And if somebody wants to walk out of your life,
Let them walk.
In fact; Hold the door open.

XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari


This was inspired by a somebody that walked out of my life when they  actually attempted to make a comeback. I had felt bad about them leaving for sometime and I blamed myself for following my gut instinct on the decisions I had made. At the time it was like I had let a 'good' person go but then it hit me a couple of months on that REALLY if somebody wants to go then that's just it. They should go. I should have enough self worth and self pride to acknowledge that no matter how great they were they probably weren't measured up for the next level of my life journey and neither was I for theirs. Especially since I had tried the best I could to nurture that relationship. It's a sad truth but not everybody is going to appreciate or understand you in life. The reality of it all is that that doesn't make you any less of a gem. Never compromise your belief system to please somebody else, never stoop so low as to consider somebody else being part of your life as them doing you a favor and never forget that even though you are not perfect you are a diamond in the making and as my mom would say maruva enyika haapere (the flowers of this earth don't finish). No bitterness, no hard feelings...Just Adios Amigo!

Two things you might find interesting/helpful in regards to this (follow the links):
1) Madea's Broken heart Speech
2) Bishop T.D. Jakes: Let them Walk

Stay smiling! :)

Biblical References

Luke 12:7 
Indeed, the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment