Saturday 1 June 2013

Set Me Free

I try not to think of you, 
but you haunt me in my dreams.
I've tried to eliminate all reminders of you, 
but it seems the're everywhere still. 

My desire is to forget about you, 
but I constantly remember 'us'. 
Everyday is a battle, 
I wonder if you are fighting too.
I wonder if you miss me,
I wonder if you think of me, 
If you worry about me, 
If you dream of me. 

I wonder if we'll ever meet again. 
I'm not sure if i'd want that. 
I wanna take a peak of your life, 
I wanna take a peak at your heart. 
I'm trying to look, yet keep my distance, 
for fear of falling again.
For fear of falling in love. 
In love with your smile. 
In love with your eyes. 
In love with your touch. 
In love with your heart. 

I loved you, I did. 
With all I had. 
I question, I do. 
If all that was real. 

I never knew we'd end up here. 
'Our story' never ended like this. 
Yet here we are...apart. 
Distant in time and space. 
My heart lies with you still. 
Do give it back. 
I want so much to move on, 
To forget you, 
To forget us. 
I want so much to be free, 
Free from those glorious memories we created. 

Set me free from this heartache, 
These memories, 
This pain. 
Set me free from that past, 
That yesterday, 
That 'us'. 
BY
CHIDO DZIVA CHIKWARI

Okay so this poem was originally entitled 'The State I'm In'. I'm so glad I'm not at that place anymore but even reading this still managed to evoke so much emotion in me. Gosh. Anyway ummmm yes this was written some months after that 'BIG' break up and well I guess with time all those emotions sort of subsided. I've moved on, I'm free from the pain, most of the memories have faded or they are no longer such a big stronghold but yeah 'forget' is the one that's probably not likely and it's okay coz even though the end was sour there is still soo much good that can be remembered. And I guess the critical thing is to just be at peace with it all and I think I am now. If this has not been made clear before I'm a very emotional person so this is the 'emo' me.
Relationships (Romantic ones) are something that's embedded sooo deeply i
n my heart and they are something I really want to write about from my own perspective but the thing is every time I get down to it there is sooo much I want to say and then my thoughts just go crazy and then I fail to articulate the message. Hopefully I will be able to sometime soon. I'm praying for God to help me with that one coz heish! Anyway Stay Smiling!

Lotsa Love!

Biblical References 

John 8:36
He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment