Wednesday 28 June 2017

Peace

My peace.
I build walls so delicately,
To keep the peace inside. 
Like a fortress to my world, 
I have hand woven an escape,
My space. 

I've taught myself how to be invisible, 
To keep my mouth shut. 

I've taught my heart to forget,
To forget the things that upset me,
The things I long for but cannot control. 

Then Peace.
Surrounded by the walls I built so delicately, 
Invisible, 
Silent, 
Forgotten,
The fortress in my world,
My hand woven escape. 
The Space. 

xoxo
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

This piece was inspired by how I deal with conflict and the things that upset me. 

1) Silence. When something really upsets me and I don't know what to do with my hurt or anger the place I always fall to is within. I'm quiet and more often than not this brings me peace. An inner peace and also an external peace where a situation that could have blown up simply diffuses itself. 

2) Remove that thing from my space and then work at forgetting. I create some distance. This is a solution that I know will not bring me healing but it has given me peace. I work hard to remove those emotional triggers that drain my energy and which in many instances I have no power to control. I block them out and build subtle walls around me to keep them out and to protect my space. 

I work so hard for my peace. The two mechanisms I've listed are by no means solutions to the internal and external conflicts I've faced but sometimes when it's quiet (peaceful) it also gives me room to work through my heart and figure things out. I like my peace. 

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment