Tuesday 8 April 2014

FOR ME


Dear Jesus


You hung on the cross and you died FOR ME!
Thank you.

You came down from heaven
You lived like a man
You didn’t have to do it
But you did it all FOR ME!

I mean you hung on the cross and you died FOR ME!
Thank you.

Thank you for what you did,
That was a pretty big sacrifice
You were beaten up and scorned FOR ME!
Although you were INNOCENT
And you did NO WRONG
You endured it all FOR ME!

I mean you hung on the cross and you died FOR ME!
Thank you.

Thank you for praying the price
You paid it all in full
No debt remains
And Now ALL MY SINS are washed away.
Because of YOU
and all FOR ME!
I mean you hung on the cross and you died FOR ME!
Thank you.

Jesus,
 you CONQUERED THE GRAVE
YOU ROSE AGAIN!
And now seated and the right hand side of GOD
As if it wasn’t enough that you hung on the cross and you died FOR ME…
You are still Interceding....
 FOR ME!

Thank you.

XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari

When I think about what Jesus endured on the cross it often makes me cry. It makes me cry because I consider that he went through so much pain and suffering even though he deserved none of it. In all his majesty and sovereignty he was brought down to that. A sinners death. And why? What for? 
FOR ME! 

Who am I, a mere man among many, that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords would send his one and only son to die a sinners death for me? At no cost to me but for me sezvandiri - just the way I am. He left heaven for me. He was beaten up and scorned for me, he died for me. Then he rose again and is now seated at the right hand side of God interceding for me.

I don't mean to go about honking my horn but to me this clearly spells out that there must be something about me. If the Son of God, the creator of heaven and earth, would go to such extremes when he really didn't have to i'd be curious..what for? And the truth of the matter is that he loves us that much and I believe that where this comes in handy is not only in humbling ourselves and saying Thank you to God for being mindful of us but also in realizing that there must be something about you and I that makes us that important.
So above and beyond gratitude which really is important, you are too. Never downplay your worth. You were bought at a price by a really important person and because of that you matter. Irregardless of what some else may tell you or how they may make you feel. Irregardless of what you feel you haven't accomplished in life, where you are, what you have or don't have, what you did or didn't do, where you went wrong and failed you matter to him who created you and everything else that was ever created for that matter. He did it FOR YOU!!! 

It realizing this you ought to walk with a spring in your step. Your worth is far above rubies and who are you to down play your value. Never sell yourself short. You are a daughter/son of the Most High God who owns just about everything. You are an heir and he did it all FOR YOU! 
Keep shining!  

Biblical references

  • John 10:10 
  • John 3:16
  • Romans 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment