Sunday 15 October 2017

I wept...

I had so much to say.
Words bubbled up inside me,
and My emotions swelled up,
Rising rising like a volcano within me they erupted.
The flood gates burst open and I wept.
I wept for the times I did not say anything, 
I wept for all times I did and was not heard nor understood, 
I wept for the first time and the last time it happened.
I was broken.
And as I lay there shaking I tried once more to piece myself together again, 
To draw up all the pieces that were shattered, 
To collect back all that I had given away,
And all that had been taken from me.
I tried to bring myself back together again, 
To mend myself,
To heal.
I had so much to say,
But only the walls were there to listen to my beating broken heart,
Because when he was done, 
He slept. 

xoxo
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

Some posts are difficult to explain. 

Keep Shining! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Chido. Hameno kuti ndowedzera ndichiti chii. Please keep writing. What ana amazing gift you have. My heart was beating fast as I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words :) It really means a lot to me, thank you.

    I will write and write and write some more!!

    ReplyDelete