Sunday 3 December 2017

Two Wise Words

Why not?
I can almost hear her saying it and all my doubts begin to scatter,
She says it so “matter of fact” like, 
Like there isn’t a reason in the world for me to not live out my dreams. 
She says it with so much conviction, 
Like I actually can BE and DO anything I want to, 
Like the world is my oyster and I’m bound for success. 
Why not? 
She says it like I deserve good things, 
And there isn’t really any other way.
Why not? 

xoxo
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

I’m always saying this and I’ll say it again but my mother literally gives me wings. She has so much faith in my capabilities and she’s often the first person I run to when I have an idea. Nothing is ever “too much” for Mhamha and as I sat on the train this evening having doubts a silent whisper reminded me, “Why not?”
Thank you Mom for always believing in me! ❤️ 
You are capable. You are able. 

Keep Shining

No comments:

Post a Comment