Sunday 19 May 2013

Passion: A close relative of Greatness and Success


Passion
Emotion
Passion is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.


"What Takes You the Extra Mile, to True Greatness and Success, is PASSION.
What are you Passionate about?"



In all this thought and conversation about my life after University, what I was going to do and how I was going to obtain 'success' I started thinking of all those people that have 'made it' in life. All these people I had heard of or knew that were 'high flyers' and those who had had doors amazingly open for them to enter greater heights. I thought if I can do what they have done I’ll reach where they have. One element that popped up was hard work but then I thought of all those people I knew who were always working hard all the time and things just never seemed to materialize for them. And upon looking deeper I think I spotted what I now think is a key element to true success, PASSION.

I realized that true greatness and success is only achieved once you start pursuing those things you are passionate about. And that the people who seem to be 'struggling' in life, the ones that I know who are already out there in the 'playing field', are the ones who I have no clue what they are passionate about. I mean they are out there working hard and everything but when I really thought about it I noticed I had no idea (in all the years I have known them) what makes their blood rush faster. Their goals and ambitions weren't ever clearly defined or articulated to me. I don't even think it’s about saying it but there are just those people you know are in a frenzy about for example politics and politics is what they are. The opposite was true for all those I knew who were go getters, the ones who were making great strides to places I could see. The ones who I wouldn't be afraid to invest in (if I had the capacity). They were the ones who had a vision and goal in sight, fixated on something they felt deeply about within their hearts. The amazing thing is that I had always asked myself time and time again why it is that some people work so hard and fail while some get things handed to them easier. Is it that some are more deserving than others?

I honestly don't think Einstein would be where he was/is now if he wasn't passionate about Physics. He probably wouldn't have pushed so hard to succeed. He probably would have made it through life just like every other scientist; getting by. This is not to say that passion is the be all and end all to success. It's coupled with a lot of things like hard work and perseverance but if you truly love something and believe in it working hard at it will be easier, wouldn't it? I also strongly believe that God has placed unique talents and gifts in each and every one of us and that the gift comes hand in hand with the things that make your blood rush quicker. And with that said Proverbs 18:16 says, "A man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.” Therefore once you start operating in your gifting doors are going to be opened for you into those 'higher' levels.

With this new piece of information I now understand that 'failure' sometimes is because you are playing the wrong game. A game that's not yours to begin with and that what’s going to get you to where you need to be in life, to make you happy and provide success, is the things you are passionate about. Your passion is what's going to take you where you want to be and beyond. Once you figure it out FOCUS on it and RUN! Don't allow other things to distract you! Don't compromise on it! Take hold of it and go with it.

With that said I leave you with the following question; "What are you Passionate about?”

XOXO
Chido Dziva Chikwari

P.S.
1) Success doesn't necessarily mean money. 
2) I wonder why the word 'passion' is so closely linked to sex. Whats-up with that? 
3) Personally I still haven't figured out what I am passionate about but ya there are a few things that come real easy to me and what I'm going to do now is write all those things down as well as those things I can spend hours and hours doing without complaining (excluding sleep) and see how I can make all that work for me. Also by virtue of my God relationship I also believe whatever I do must also be for the advancement of Gods kingdom in one way or the other coz truthfully speaking it profits me nothing to go on and on for and on myself for the rest of my life. I want to be part of something bigger than myself. In fact I already am a part of something bigger than myself but now it's on me to play a bigger more active role there. Oh yeah and another thing I didn't address which is something I'm asking myself right now is, 'how do you find out what you are passionate about?' I honestly don't know hey but ya if you don't know good starting points like I said are things like what you enjoy, what you are good at and then think of practical ways to put those things into action. Make sense? :) I sure hope so. If it's still tricky and tough just remember you are not in this alone. There are millions of people out there asking themselves the same questions but ya whatever you do stay true to yourself. Be YOU and you'll find YOUR way!!!! :)

Lotsa Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment