Saturday 4 May 2013

That Not-so-Good-BYE!

I have come to accept that many people will and have walked in and out of my life,
The circumstances for each entry and exit are so diverse and varied,
But the point I want to emphasize today is encapsulated with those that have left,
Some stayed for long stretches- years and years
And for some it was a brief encounter- experienced in a moment.
I don't believe parting is ever filled with 'good' emotions and yet it happens so often.
We've labeled it Goodbye...what is so good about BYE?
They say the only constant in life is change,
But that  'goodbye' moment is a phenomenon I have not been able to grasp...
I struggle with goodbyes.
Although each exit meant separation in whatever 'physical' form its never really been goodbye.
Fragments of each persons existence in my life will always remain with me,
Never to be erased,
Some elements may fade like:
The sound of each voice,
The scent of each persona,
The intricacies of our conversation,
BUT
The impact of each encounter, however short it may have been will always remain with me.
I guess I'll have to take solace in Ecclesiastes 3 that says,

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 
a time to be born and a time to die, 
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, 
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, 
a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, 
a time to be silent and a time to speak, 
a time to love and a time to hate, 
a time for war and a time for peace."

So as each appointed person makes their exit I must accept:
There is a time for everything, 
Including a time for That NOT-so-good-BYE.



Love Always
Chido Dziva Chikwari 

This piece was inspired by what I think was/is the onset of a goodbye, a goodbye that I really don't want to say or experience but because of circumstances I might have to endure :( And well, I just realized that I have had many people who I got really close to in the past but I'm actually not friends with anymore. In some instances someone may have wronged the other person or maybe we just grew apart but inevitably those relationships shifted and in a way ended. Chisingaperi chinoshura right?? Jokes!! No... 
But ya on a serious note the other element that's not cool at all is death. I'm no pro at that but ya when you are faced with a situation like loosing a loved one its always that not so good bye. I guess the moral of it all is appreciate and enjoy each relationship, all the good of that season and when the time to say bye comes you accept that the season is over, hold onto the all good memories and then move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment